Teacher of the Visually Impaired (TVI)
Salem, AL | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
As part of our mission to pave the way for children’s success worldwide, Therapy Source is currently seeking a part-time Teacher of the Visually Impaired (TVI) to provide services for public school students in grades K-12 for the 2020/2021 school year. This position has the option of online, along with compensated travel time, and a flexible schedule.
For online option:
Free User Access to Online Telepractice platform to deliver your services
Access to fun and engaging remote services activities for visually impaired students in our free online resource library
Teacher of the Visually Impaired (TVI) Days/Hours Needed: 10-20 hours per week
Teacher of the Visually Impaired (TVI) Qualifications:
- School Certification as a Teacher of the Visually Impaired (TVI) in the state of Alabama
- Licensure in the state of Alabama
- Possession of (or willingness to obtain) up-to-date clearances
- Proof of individual professional liability insurance (or willingness to obtain)
Teacher of the Visually Impaired (TVI) Responsibilities May Include:
- Provides instruction for visually-impaired students by developing, selecting, and modifying instructional plans and materials to meet the needs of students utilizing Braille, large print, and technological devices.
- Performs functional vision and learning media assessments on new referrals
- Recommends specialized evaluations and assessments, such as orientation and mobility.
- Implement research-based strategies and interventions.
- Participates as a vision professional in eligibility and IEP meetings.
- Collaborates with teachers to ensure appropriate accommodations, modifications, adaptive and assistive devices, supplementary aids, and services are available to students when appropriate.
- Maintains samples of student work and data related to progress toward identified goals/objectives.
- Reports student progress
- Maintains regular communication with parents and families along with service notes
- Develops observable and measurable IEP goals and objectives
Enjoy scheduling flexibility, impressive hourly rates, and amazing support from our dedicated account team!
Along with your resume, please be sure to include the best time of day and phone number to reach you. We will then reach out to discuss your qualifications, and answer any questions you may have about the position.