Teacher of the Visually Impaired (TVI)
As part of our mission to pave the way for children’s success worldwide, Therapy Source is currently seeking a part-time Teacher of the Visually Impaired (TVI) to provide services for public school students in grades pre-k through 8th grade. Experience with working with visual impairments and blindness are required. This position is for the 2019/2020 school year.
Teacher of the Visually Impaired (TVI) Days/Hours Needed: 2-3 days per week
Teacher of the Visually Impaired (TVI) Qualification(s):
- Teacher of the Visually Impaired (TVI) Certification in the state of Maryland
- License as a Teacher of the Visually Impaired in the state of Maryland
- Possession of (or willingness to obtain) up-to-date clearances
- Proof of individual professional liability insurance (or willingness to obtain)
Teacher of the Visually Impaired (TVI) Responsibilities Include:
- Provides instruction for visually-impaired students by developing, selecting, and modifying instructional plans and materials to meet the needs of students utilizing Braille, large print, and technological devices.
- Performs functional vision and learning media assessments on new referrals
- Recommends specialized evaluations and assessments, such as orientation and mobility.
- Implements research-based strategies and interventions.
- Participates as a vision professional in eligibility and IEP meetings.
- Collaborates with teachers to ensure appropriate accommodations, modifications, adaptive and assistive devices, supplementary aids, and services are available to students when appropriate.
- Maintains samples of student work and data related to progress toward identified goals/objectives.
- Reports student progress
- Maintains regular communication with parents and families along with service notes
- Develops observable and measurable IEP goals and objectives
Enjoy scheduling flexibility, impressive hourly rates, and amazing support from our dedicated account team!
Along with your resume, please be sure to include the best time of day and phone number to reach you. We will then reach out to discuss your qualifications, and answer any questions you may have about the position.