Special Education Teacher
Minneapolis, MN | Temporarily remote due to COVID-19 TELECOMMUTE US
As part of our mission to pave the way for children's success worldwide, Therapy Source is currently seeking a full-time Special Education Teacher to provide services for middle school students in a charter school. The caseload involves students who suffer from various diagnoses including LD, EBD, DCD, and ASD. Children are both pull out and pull in.
Candidates must have experience with developing a curriculum based on IEP goals. The position is currently online, but candidates must be flexible to be in-person in the future.
Special Education Teacher Days/Hours Needed: 40 hours per week
Special Education Teacher Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Certified in Special Education in the state of Minnesota
- Licensure in the state of Minnesota
- Possession of (or willingness to obtain) up-to-date clearances
- Proof of individual professional liability insurance (or willingness to obtain)
Special Education Teacher Responsibilities May Include:
• Demonstration of mentoring or coaching teachers
• Knowledge of special education compliance and laws
• Proficiency in the use of technology for individual communication
• Proficiency in the presentation of technology to enhance small and large student group information & demonstration sessions
• Possess effective interpersonal skills with the ability to interface diplomatically with other teachers, administrators, parents, students, support staff, and outside professional contacts
Enjoy scheduling flexibility, impressive hourly rates, and amazing support from our dedicated account team!
Along with your resume, please be sure to include the best time of day and phone number to reach you. We will then reach out to discuss your qualifications, and answer any questions you may have about the position.