Special Education Teacher - SPED
As part of our mission to pave the way for children's success worldwide, Therapy Source is currently seeking several Special Education Teachers(SPED) to provide services for both elementary and middle school students in a charter school setting. These positions are for the remainder of the 2018/19 school year.
1st position: Maternity leave coverage for a 10 student caseload in a middle school setting.
2nd position: Caseload of 15-20 students in a high school setting.
Special Education Teacher (SPED)Days/Hours Needed: 7:30 am to 4:30 pm /37-40 hours per week
Special Education Teacher (SPED)Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred
- Certification in Special Education highly desirable
- Possession of (or willingness to obtain) up-to-date clearances
- Proof of individual professional liability insurance (or willingness to obtain)
Special Education Teacher Responsibilities May Include:
- Driving student achievement for students with disabilities
- Responding to progress monitoring results and student assessment data
- Establishing a positive, structured, achievement-focused classroom
- Providing support to students, parents, and general education staff and supporting student learning
- Mentoring and coaching students on self-regulation and organizational skills
- Developing effective IEPs that translate into measurable results for students
Enjoy scheduling flexibility, impressive hourly rates, and amazing support from our dedicated account team!
Along with your resume, please be sure to include the best time of day and phone number to reach you. We will then reach out to discuss your qualifications, and answer any questions you may have about the position.