Special Education Teacher - Full-Time
Washington, DC US
As part of our mission to pave the way for children's success worldwide, Therapy Source is currently seeking a Special Education Teacher to provide in-person services for Pre-K through 6th-grade public school students in a small school environment. There are approximately 10 students per classroom; all are Level 1 or Level 2. This is not a position with a self-contained classroom but instead will involve push-in services in a Gen. Ed classroom. This position is for the remainder of the 2022/2023 school year.
Special Education Teacher Days/Hours: Mon-Fri/ 8:00 AM - 3:45 PM
Special Education Teacher Pay Rate: $40 per hour
Special Education Teacher Qualifications:
- School Certification in the District of Columbia
- Possession of (or willingness to obtain) up-to-date clearances
- Proof of individual professional liability insurance (or willingness to obtain)
Special Education Teacher Responsibilities May Include:
- Driving student achievement for students with disabilities
- Responding to progress monitoring results and student assessment data
- Establishing a positive, structured, achievement-focused classroom
- Providing support to students, parents, and general education staff and supporting student learning
- Mentoring and coaching students on self-regulation and organizational skills
- Developing effective IEPs that translate into measurable results for students
Enjoy scheduling flexibility, impressive hourly rates, and amazing support from our dedicated account team!
Along with your resume, please include the best time of day and phone number to reach you. We will then reach out to discuss your qualifications and answer any questions you may have about the position.