Special Education Teacher - (SPED) LBS1 - Case Manager
Chicago Heights, IL
As part of our mission to pave the way for children's success worldwide, Therapy Source is currently seeking a full-time Special Education Teacher (SPED)/Case Manager with LBS1 certification to provide services for public school students. Potential candidates must be knowledgeable in the understanding of state and federal laws as it pertains to special education, and be comfortable making professional decisions that support the mission of the school program. This position is for the 2019/2020 school year. Interviews are currently being conducted.
Special Education Teacher (SPED) /Case Manager Days/Hours Needed: 37.5 hours per week
Special Education Teacher (SPED) /Case Manager Qualification(s):
- Licensed as a Case Manager in the state of Illinois
- LBS1 Teaching Certification in Illinois
- Possession of (or willingness to obtain) up-to-date clearances
- Proof of individual professional liability insurance (or willingness to obtain)
Special Education Teacher (SPED) / Case Manager Responsibilities Include:
- Communicating effectively both verbally and in written form/report writing
- Consulting with staff members and administration on potential referrals,annual student IEP's and follow-up with recommendations.
- Schedule and facilitate IEP conferences and eligibility conferences
- Assist in the development of behavioral intervention plans
- Manage the caseload student information database of the district’s IEP system and submit required reports
Enjoy scheduling flexibility, impressive hourly rates, and amazing support from our dedicated account team!
Along with your resume, please be sure to include the best time of day and phone number to reach you. We will then reach out to discuss your qualifications, and answer any questions you may have about the position.