Special Education Teacher (SPED)
As part of our mission to pave the way for children's success worldwide, Therapy Source is currently seeking two full-time Special Education Teachers (SPEDs) to provide services for private school students with various disabilities. The student age range for these positions is 5-21 and is for the remainder of the 2019/2020 school year.
Special Education Teacher (SPED) Qualification(s):
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Certification in Special Education in the state of Maryland
- Possession of (or willingness to obtain) up-to-date clearances
- Proof of individual professional liability insurance (or willingness to obtain)
Special Education Teacher Responsibilities Include:
- Provide push-in and pull-out services for general education teachers
- Provide small group instruction including developing materials, lessons, homework assignments based on state standards and school-wide goals for achievements
- Collaborate with general instruction teachers to meet the needs of all learners and to design effective instructional and behavioral plans
- Monitor progress of each students IEP goals on a regular basis
Enjoy scheduling flexibility, impressive hourly rates, and amazing support from our dedicated account team!
Along with your resume, please be sure to include the best time of day and phone number to reach you. We will then reach out to discuss your qualifications, and answer any questions you may have about the position.