Special Education Teacher (SPED)
As part of our mission to pave the way for children’s success worldwide, Therapy Source is currently seeking a full-time Special Education Teacher (SPED) to provide services for high school students in a public school. This position is for the remainder of the 2019/2020 school year, continuing into the 2020/2021 school year.
Special Education Teacher (SPED)Qualification(s):
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred
- Licensure as a Special Education Teacher in the state of New York
- Possession of (or willingness to obtain) up-to-date clearances
- Proof of individual professional liability insurance (or willingness to obtain)
Special Education Teacher (SPED) Responsibilities May Include:
- Administer core curriculum consistent with school district objectives
- Develop lesson plans and instructional materials
- Conduct ongoing assessment of student progress; maintain a system for accurate record-keeping, grading, and reporting
- Establish and maintain a safe and orderly classroom environment
- Lead-teach in the resource room and co-teach in the general education setting
- Utilize assessment data to make instructional decisions
- Function as a team member of the school staff and as part of the Special Education Department
- Communicate with health aids, parents and other teaching staff
Enjoy scheduling flexibility, impressive hourly rates, and amazing support from our dedicated account team!
Along with your resume, please be sure to include the best time of day and phone number to reach you. We will then reach out to discuss your qualifications, and answer any questions you may have about the position.