Special Education Teacher (SPED)
As part of our mission to pave the way for children's success worldwide, Therapy Source is currently seeking a part-time Special Education Teacher (SPED) to provide services for public school students in a small elementary school. The school has approximately 4-7 students receiving special education services, the position is for the 2020/2021 school year. Excellent hourly rate.
Special Education Teacher (SPED) Days/Hours Needed: 1 day per week, or 2 days every other week
Special Education Teacher (SPED) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Certification in Special Education
- Possession of (or willingness to obtain) up-to-date clearances
- Proof of individual professional liability insurance (or willingness to obtain)
Special Education Teacher Responsibilities May Include:
- Driving student achievement for students with disabilities
- Responding to progress monitoring results and student assessment data
- Establishing a positive, structured, achievement-focused classroom
- Providing support to students, parents, and general education staff and supporting student learning
- Mentoring and coaching students on self-regulation and organizational skills
- Developing effective IEPs that translate into measurable results for students
Enjoy scheduling flexibility, impressive hourly rates, and amazing support from our dedicated account team!
Along with your resume, please be sure to include the best time of day and phone number to reach you. We will then reach out to discuss your qualifications, and answer any questions you may have about the position.