Special Education Teacher (SPED) - Math and Reading
As part of our mission to pave the way for children's success worldwide, Therapy Source is currently seeking a full-time Special Education Teacher (SPED) who has experience teaching math and reading to public school students for the remainder of the 2019/2020 school year. Interested candidates should be familiar with preparing lesson plans and writing and implementing IEPs.
Special Education Teacher (SPED) Days/Hours Needed: 40 hours per week
Special Education Teacher (SPED) Qualification(s):
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Licensure as a Special Education Teacher in the state of Maryland
- Certification in Special Education in the state of Maryland
- Possession of (or willingness to obtain) up-to-date clearances
- Proof of individual professional liability insurance (or willingness to obtain)
Special Education Teacher (SPED) Responsibilities May Include:
- Provide push-in and pull-out services for general education teachers
- Provide small group instruction including developing materials, lessons, homework assignments based on state standards and school-wide goals for achievements
- Collaborate with general instruction teachers to meet the needs of all learners and to design effective instructional and behavioral plans
- Monitor progress of each students IEP goals on a regular basis
Enjoy scheduling flexibility, impressive hourly rates, and amazing support from our dedicated account team!
Along with your resume, please be sure to include the best time of day and phone number to reach you. We will then reach out to discuss your qualifications, and answer any questions you may have about the position.