School Counselor (COU) - Full or Part-Time
Aldie, VA US
As part of our mission to pave the way for children’s success worldwide, Therapy Source is seeking 4 full or part-time School Counselors to provide services for in-person public school students. The caseload size depends on the amount of days the candidate offers for availability. This position is for the 2023-2024 school year.
School Counselor Salary Range: $40 per hour
School Counselor Qualification(s):
- State Licensure as a Counselor in the State of Virginia
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university and completion of an approved school counseling program
- 2-3 years of school-based experience
- Possession of (or willingness to obtain) up-to-date clearances
- Proof of individual professional liability insurance (or willingness to obtain)
An active Licensed Professional Counseling (LPC) license issued by the Virginia Department of Health Professionals (DHP) may be considered in lieu of these requirements.
Additional School Counselor Qualification(s):
- Collaboration with teachers, parents, and staff
- Providing crisis counseling
- Creating and providing classroom instruction
- Conducting individual or small group counseling
- Helping students overcome educational problems in the classroom
- Case management
- Attending IEP meetings
- Ability to navigate a documentation system for students' progress notes
- Possessing normal cognitive abilities including the ability to learn, recall, and apply certain practices and policies
School Counselor Responsibilities May Include:
- Frequently sitting and/or remaining in a stationary position for long periods of time
- Maintaining confidentiality
- Providing collaboration and consultation regarding student problems
- Receiving regular and ongoing feedback and support from administration and instructional leaders
- Maintaining records of all services provided
Enjoy scheduling flexibility, impressive hourly rates, and amazing support from our dedicated account team!
Along with your resume, please be sure to include the best time of day and phone number to reach you. We will then reach out to discuss your qualifications, and answer any questions you may have about the position.