Personal Care Aide / Intervener - Full-Time - 2017/18 School Year
Therapy Source is currently seeking a Personal Care Aide / Intervener to provide full-time services for the remainder of the 2017/18 school year. The position is located in West Philadelphia on a large, beautiful campus.
Working under the guidance and direction of a student’s classroom teacher or another individual responsible for ensuring the implementation of the student’s IEP, the Personal Care Aide / Intervener's primary role is to:
- provide consistent access to instruction and environmental information that is usually gained by typical students through vision and hearing, but that is unavailable or incomplete to an individual who is deaf-blind
- provide access to and/or assist in the development and use of receptive and expressive communication skills;
- facilitate the development and maintenance of trusting, interactive relationships that promote social and emotional well-being
- provide support to help a student form relationships with others and increase social connections and participation in activities
Personal Care Aide / Intervener Qualifications:
- Must have at least 60 college credits.
- Must have ecent physical, PPD, and PDE Clearances.
- Must have experience with behavioral challenges, personal hygiene, primary care, and toileting.
- Experience working with children with visual impairments preferred.
- American Sign Language knowledge a plus.
Enjoy scheduling flexibility, impressive hourly rates, and amazing support from our dedicated account team!
Along with your resume, please be sure to include the best time of day and phone number to reach you. We will then reach out to discuss your qualifications, and answer any questions you may have about the position.