Special Education Teacher - Full-Time -2017/18 School Year
Therapy Source is currently seeking a full-time Special Education Teacher to provide direct specialized instruction to preschool children with special needs in both community and home-based settings.
Job Type: Contract
Special Education Teacher Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood/Special Education (Master's preferred)
- PA School Certification in Early Childhood/Special Education
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience working with young children with special needs
- Possession of (or willingness to obtain) up-to-date clearances
- Proof of individual professional liability insurance (or willingness to obtain)
Special Education Teacher Responsibilities:
- Participate in multidisciplinary team meetings
- Prepare lesson plans, conduct evaluations and implement specially designed instruction to children in the least restrictive environment
- Work in collaboration with team from typical child care program to plan and execute inclusion activities
- Provide ongoing collaboration and communication with families, caregivers, school personnel, team members, and administration
- Complete daily progress notes, quarterly reports, collect classroom data according to established timelines
- Complete required computer programs and paperwork regarding student’s individualized plans and progress
- Attend staff meetings, staff trainings and participate in program and staff development activities
- Maintain a positive rapport with parents and caregivers
- Maintain professionalism in dress, manner, appearance, etc.
- Participate in regular staff meetings and parent conferences
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Demonstrate the ability to handle conflict in a calm, professional manner
- Adhere to work schedule as directed
- Other Early Intervention duties as assigned
Enjoy scheduling flexibility, impressive hourly rates, and amazing support from our dedicated account team!
Along with your resume, please be sure to include the best time of day and phone number to reach you. We will then reach out to discuss your qualifications, and answer any questions you may have about the position.